OCV Partners and its affiliates ("OCV ", "we", “us,”or “our”) are committed to protecting the privacy of the users of our website, located at www.ocvpartners.com (the "Website"). This statement discloses our privacy practices. The purpose of this statement is to inform you of the following:
- the kinds of information we collect from users of the Website and how the information is used by us;
- Whether we disclose any user information to third parties;
- How you can access, update or delete any information that we collect about you; and
- The security procedures we use to protect your personal information.
INFORMATION COLLECTION, USE, AND SHARING
COOKIES AND CLEAR GIFS
Cookies are pieces of information that a website sends to your computer while you are viewing the site. Clear gifs, or Web beacons, are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and we may use them to track the online movements of visitors to the ocvpartners.com Web site. Clear gifs are invisible on the page and are much smaller than cookies, about the size of the period at the end of this sentence. Clear gifs are not tied to visitors' personally identifiable information.
We may place Web beacons on some pages to allow us to compile anonymous, aggregated statistics about web site usage. We also may use clear gifs in our HTML-based emails to let us know which emails (or particular articles, links, etc.) have been opened by the recipients. This allows us to gauge the effectiveness of certain communications and the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns.
Cookies, web beacons and other technical methods may involve the transmission of information either directly to us or to another party authorized by us to collect information on our behalf.
We may store information that we collect through cookies, log files and third parties to create a profile of our visitors. A profile may store information that we keep on individual visitors that details their viewing preferences. Consequently, collected information is tied to the visitor's personally identifiable information to provide offers and improve the content of the site for the visitor. This profile may be used to tailor a visitor's visit to the OCV Partners’ Web site, and to direct pertinent promotional information to them. We do not share personally identifiable elements of your profile with other third parties. Your profile is shared in aggregate form only.
Like most Web sites, our servers use log files to analyze trends, administer the site, track visitor's movement in the aggregate, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses, etc. are not linked to personally identifiable information.
This information is used in the following ways:
- Customer Feedback and Support. Provides a mechanism for requesting information from OCV.
- Email Correspondence. Used to raise and respond to issues and inquiries of all types. Also used to distribute information about OCV.
- Partner, Investor Relations, Press and Sales. Used to distribute requested information about OCV and to establish contact with appropriate OCV personnel.
- If you submit your resume as a prospective employee, OCV will use your personal information for recruitment purposes, and if you are offered a job or become employed by OCV, for other employment-related purposes.
YOUR ACCESS TO AND CONTROL OVER INFORMATION
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number provided on our website:
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If we learn that we have personal information on a child under the age of 13, we will delete that information from our systems. OCV encourages parents to go online with their kids. Here are a few tips to help make a child's online experience safer:
- Teach kids never to give personal information, unless supervised by a parent or responsible adult. Includes name, address, phone, school, etc.
- Know the sites your kids are visiting and which sites are appropriate. 3. Look for Web site privacy policies. Know how your child's information is treated.
Check out the FTC's site ( http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/edcams/kidzprivacy/index.html ) for more tips on protecting children's privacy online.
COMMUNICATIONS FROM THE SITE
ALERTS AND OTHER COMMUNICATIONS
While visiting the ocvpartners.com Web site, you have the ability to send us questions or comments or to request other information regarding our products or services. We will respond to such requests as appropriate.
Though we make every effort to preserve visitor privacy, we may need to disclose personal information when required by law wherein we have a good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with a current judicial proceeding, a court order, legal process served on our Web site, or in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activity.
AGGREGATE INFORMATION (NON-PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE)
We may share aggregated demographic information with our partners. This is not linked to any personally identifiable information.
THIRD PARTY INTERMEDIARIES
We may use third parties to host certain portions of the ocvpartners.com Web site and to fulfill certain requests for information from visitors to the site. These companies do not retain, share, store or use personally identifiable information for any secondary purposes.
In the event OCV goes through a business transition, such as a merger, being acquired by another company, or selling a portion of its assets, visitors' personal information will, in most instances, be part of the assets transferred. You will be notified prior to a change of ownership or control of your personal information. If as a result of the business transition, your personally identifiable information will be used in a manner different from that stated at the time of collection you will be given a choice not to have your information used in this different manner, as described in the notification of changes section, below.
NOTIFICATION OF CHANGES
The time period for which we keep information varies according to what the information is used for. In some cases, there are legal requirements to keep data for a minimum period. Unless there is a specific legal requirement for us to keep the information, we will retain it for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the data was collected or for which it is to be further processed.